PLEASE READ THIS LIMITED WARRANTY CAREFULLY TO UNDERSTAND YOUR RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS.
BY USING YOUR HTC PRODUCT OR ACCESSORY, YOU AGREE TO THE LIMITED WARRANTY.
THIS PRODUCT IS FOR YOUR HOME ENTERTAINMENT / PERSONAL USE ONLY, THE WARRANTY IS VOID IF YOU USE THIS PRODUCT FOR ANY COMMERCIAL PURPOSES OR NON-HOME ENTERTAINMENT OR NONPERSONAL USE.
The following definitions apply to this Limited Warranty:
- “Product” means the HTC VIVE virtual reality system, which includes the head mounted display (“VIVE Headset”), handheld controllers (“VIVE Controllers”), the link control box (“VIVE Link Box”), and the laser tracking stations (“VIVE Base Stations”) provided in the box at the time of original purchase from an authorized retailer or e-commerce channel.
- “Accessory” or “Accessories” means other secondary component(s) or item that is not permanently affixed to the Product at the time of sale and that are supplied with the Product at the time of sale and which are included in the box containing the Product, which includes: USB/HDMI Cables, the 3-in1 Cable, the Power Adapters and VIVE Deluxe Audio Strap; provided that it was manufactured by or for HTC and purchased from an authorized retailer or e-commerce channel and can be identified by the “HTC” trademark, trade name, or logo affixed to the to the component or item, if present, as originally supplied or if no logo is present the Accessory was supplied or sold in “HTC” branded packaging.
- “Warranty Period” for a Product and Accessories, means twelve (12) months from the date You purchased the Product or Accessory from an authorized retailer; unless You and HTC agree in writing to a different duration.
- “You” or “Your” means the original retail purchaser and/or original end-user of the Product.
- “Normal Use Conditions” means common end-user use under normal home conditions in accordance with the user instruction materials (User Manual as defined below) provided with the Product or Accessory or posted on-line.
- "User Manual” means the user instruction materials packaged with the Product or Accessory or posted on-line.
WHAT IS COVERED BY THIS LIMITED WARRANTY
During the Warranty Period, HTC warrants that if You used the Product or Accessory under Normal Use Conditions, HTC shall repair or replace the Product or Accessory, where the Product or Accessory is faulty due to defective materials or workmanship. This Limited Warranty is given only to You, and may not be sold, assigned, transferred, or given in full or in part to any subsequent purchaser or acquirer of the Product or Accessory or any other person. This Limited Warranty gives You specific legal rights, and You may also have other rights in the country of purchase.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED BY THIS LIMITED WARRANTY
This Limited Warranty does NOT apply to any non-HTC equipment and/or any non-HTC software, even if intended or labelled as for use with the Product. Third party manufacturers, suppliers, or publishers may provide warranties for their own products and You may contact them directly for service.
EVEN WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCT OR ACCESSORY YOU PURCHASED, THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL NOT APPLY:
- if the Product or Accessory serial number, the date code, the water indicator, or the warranty seal (void label) has been removed, erased, defaced, or altered, or is illegible;
- to any deterioration of the cosmetic appearance of the Product or Accessory due to normal wear and tear;
- to consumable parts, such as batteries or protective coatings that are reasonably expected to diminish over time, unless failure has occurred due to a malfunction;
- to malfunctions caused by the battery, if improperly installed by You or another person, if the seals of the battery enclosure or the cells are broken or show evidence of tampering, or if used in equipment other than that for which it has been specified;
- to malfunctions caused by electrical surges or other electrical current problems that are not the fault of the Product or Accessory;
- to use not in accordance with the user manual or not under Normal Use Conditions;
- to rough handling; use outdoors; exposure to liquids; dampness or extreme thermal or environmental conditions or a rapid change in such conditions; corrosion; or oxidation;
- to use for commercial purposes, as the Product is intended only for personal entertainment purposes;
- to defects, conditions, or other issues caused by or resulting from to unauthorized modifications or connections or unauthorized opening, repair by use of unauthorized spare parts, or repair by an unauthorized person or location;
- to accidents, forces of nature, or other actions beyond the reasonable control of HTC (including but not limited to deficiencies in consumable parts) unless the defect was caused directly by a malfunction; 11. to physical damage to the surface of the Product or Accessory, including but not limited to cracks or scratches on the surfaces of the Product or Accessory, including any screen or lens;
- to any computer or other product to which the Product may connect. HTC does not warrant that the operation of the Product or Accessory will be uninterrupted or error-free;
- where the software loaded on the Product, including but not limited to the operating system and/or firmware, needs to be upgraded, if such updates can be loaded by You;
- to any Product in which the operating system and/or firmware has been altered, including any failed attempts to alter the operating system, regardless of whether such modifications are authorized, approved, or otherwise sanctioned by HTC; or
- to malfunctions caused by unplugging the micro-USB / power cable from the "headset", "handheld controllers" or "base stations" while updating the firmware;
- to malfunctions caused by the use of the Product or Accessory with or connection of the Product to an accessory not approved or provided by HTC or used in any way other than its intended use and where such defect is not the fault of the Product itself. Use of non-HTC accessories may void this Limited Warranty.
This Limited Warranty is valid and enforceable only in the country where the Product or Accessory is intended to be sold in Singapore. Moreover, if the Product or Accessory is returned to be repaired under this Limited Warranty in a country other than where it was intended to be sold, HTC will attempt to repair /the Product or Accessory but cannot guarantee the outcome or compatibility outside the intended destination country. Warranty service availability and response times may vary from country to country.
HOW TO OBTAIN WARRANTY SERVICE
In the event of a perceived malfunction in the Product or Accessory, You should take the following actions:
- Refer to the user manual and/or resources available at vive.com/support in order to identify and correct the problem. Please note that opening the Product or Accessory may cause damage that is not covered under the Limited Warranty.
- If the problem cannot be resolved by reference to the user manual and/or resources available at vive.com/support , You should contact the Retailer from which You purchased the Product or Accessory or visit www.vive.com/ for further information on contacting HTC customer care for assistance. Only HTC or a HTC authorized service center should perform service on the Product or Accessory.
- When You contact the retailer or HTC, please be sure to have the following information available:
- The model and serial number of the Product or Accessory.
- Your full address and contact information.
- A copy of the original invoice, receipt or bill of sale for the purchase of the Product. You must present a valid proof of purchase upon making any claims pursuant to this Limited Warranty.
Upon completion of these steps, HTC will provide You with instructions regarding how and when the Product or Accessory should be returned. You may be responsible for costs in connection with the return of the Product or Accessory to HTC.
If You return the Product or Accessory during the Warranty Period and it satisfies the terms of this Limited Warranty, HTC or its authorized agent will, at its sole discretion, repair or replace it. Repair or replacement may involve the use of a functionally equivalent reconditioned Product and/or parts. The retailer or HTC will return the repaired or replacement Product or Accessory to You in good working condition. Any Product, Accessory, or parts or components thereof that are replaced under the terms of this Limited Warranty become the property of HTC.
If HTC repairs or replaces the Product, the repaired or replaced Product shall continue to be warranted for the remaining time of the original Warranty Period or for three (3) months from the date of repair or replacement, whichever is longer.
Rather than ask You to return the Product or Accessory, HTC may instead elect to supply user-installable parts directly to You to fulfill its Limited Warranty obligations. You in turn agree to return the replaced parts if requested by HTC. HTC reserves the right to restrict warranty service to the country where the Product or Accessory was intended to be sold. HTC must be notified of a perceived malfunction during the applicable Warranty Period in order for You to be eligible for any remedy under the Limited Warranty. Do not ship Your Product or Accessory directly to HTC unless You are asked to do so when following the steps above. If You need to return the Product or Accessory for warranty service, the steps above must be followed.
DISCLAIMER AND LIMITATION OF OTHER WARRANTIES AND RIGHTS
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THIS LIMITED WARRANTY AND THE REMEDIES SET FORTH ARE EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, REMEDIES, AND CONDITIONS. HTC LIMITS THE DURATION AND REMEDIES OF ALL STATUTORY AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND WARRANTIES AGAINST HIDDEN OR LATENT DEFECTS TO THE DURATION OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY AND, AT HTC’S OPTION, THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT SERVICES. Some countries do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to You.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN THIS WARRANTY AND TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, HTC SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOST PROFITS OR COMMERCIAL LOSS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF PRIVACY, OR LOSS OF CONFIDENTIALITY. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING AND EVEN IF ANY REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE, THE ENTIRE LIABILITY OF HTC AND ITS SUPPLIERS UNDER ANY PROVISION OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT ACTUALLY PAID BY THE CUSTOMER FOR THE PRODUCT. THESE EXCLUSIONS APPLY EVEN IF HTC HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF THESE DAMAGES. Some countries do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to You.
Governing Law and Dispute Resolution: The laws of Singapore Special Administrative Region, without reference to its choice of laws principles, shall govern this Limited Warranty. Any disputes resulted from this Limited Warranty, Product and/or Accessory, You agree to direct such dispute(s) to HTC before resorting to any legal actions. You agree that the competent court of jurisdiction for this Limited Warranty/Product/Accessory is The District Court of Singapore.
Severability: Except as specifically provided under this Limited Warranty, if any provision of this Limited Warranty is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or unenforceability shall not affect the enforceability of the remainder of the Limited Warranty.